Disableling unsecure services ?

Hi,

I tried to disable all 'unsecure' network-services on my machine. I started with commenting out the rpc-based entries in /etc/inetd.conf.
But when I'am doing a netstat -a, it seems that those services still are hanging around listening. Ok I cannot start any of those services (tried it with e.g. rsh).

Is this normal Or should I do something completly different ?
In my local network I want telnet.
And 'normal' I want: ssh, smtp, nntp, talk.

How can this be done ?

Thanks in advance
Marcus

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 localhost:nntp          localhost:1028          ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 localhost:1028          localhost:nntp          ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 *:6000                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:1024                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:printer               *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:nntp                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:telnet                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:xdmcp                 *:*
udp        0      0 blackwolf.fasan.de:ntp  *:*
udp        0      0 localhost:ntp           *:*
udp        0      0 *:ntp                   *:*
udp        0      0 *:talk                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:ntalk                 *:*
udp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*
raw        0      0 *:1                     *:*