Re: Communicator installation again

I have been downloading it from the neetscape ftp site using the lynx
browser.  I don't know if it is binary or text.  I was just following
directions I found in a book.  It seemed much easier than using an ftp
program I have never used before.  Is there any way to tell if a file is
binary or text after downloading?
Thanks,
Kent

>Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:24:33 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk>
>To: KTB <ktb@binary.net>
>cc: "debian-user@lists.debian.org" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>Subject: Re: Communicator installation again
>

>On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, KTB wrote:
>
>> OK, I downloaded the Communicator 4.5 file, again.  I am using hamm.
I ran

http://www.startext.co.uk/