Re: Communicator installation again

I have been downloading it from the neetscape ftp site using the lynx
browser.  I don't know if it is binary or text.  I was just following
directions I found in a book.  It seemed much easier than using an ftp
program I have never used before.  Is there any way to tell if a file is
binary or text after downloading?

>Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:24:33 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk>
>To: KTB <ktb@binary.net>
>cc: "debian-user@lists.debian.org" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>Subject: Re: Communicator installation again
>On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, KTB wrote:
>> OK, I downloaded the Communicator 4.5 file, again.  I am using hamm.
I ran
>Err - you _are_ downloading it as a binary (and not a text) file?
>(If in doubt, press Shift as you select file to download).
>Just an idle thought.
>Martin Wheeler   -    StarTEXT, Glastonbury, Somerset, England - BA6
>Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe debian-user-request@lists.debian.org
< /dev/null