Re: upgrade to slink

Alexander Kushnirenko wrote:

> Hi, Ralph!
>
> Could you please specify more details: when it happens?

Immediately after "Updating package file cache" message

> Did you succeed in installation of APT?

I've been using the apt method of dselect for Hamm for months.

> Which version of APT are you running?

Not sure - apt-get --version says "E: Unknown option --version"

> Did you select it in you access method?

Yes

> Could you please include your /etc/apt/sources.list
> file?

OK.

> Thanks,
> Sasha.

Thank you, Sasha

> > > deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free
> > > deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US
> >
> > When I try this I get:
> >
> > E: Line 8974 in package file
> > /var/state/apt/lists/ftp1.us.debian.org_debian_dists_slink_main_binary-i386_Packages
> > is too long.
> >
> > Whay's up with that?

Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net
The IQ of the group is that of the member
whose IQ is lowest  divided by the number
of members.