Re: Problems with Pine (set term?)

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 04:00:06PM +0000, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> When I try and start Pine and get an error
>
> Terminal type 'linux' us unknown

Try TERM=vt100 pine, if that works you can alias pine="TERM=vt100 pine".

> Does anyone know what this error message is telling me and how can I fix
> it.  The reason I am using Pine is because I wish to have a command-line
> mail reader that will connect to the same Inbox and folder directory
> that Netscape is using so that I can use them interchangably.  I have
> not found out how to do this  with MH or Mutt and I know I can do it

For mutt, see: http://www.mutt.org/manual-4.html#ss4.9

Fetchmail also supports a "keep" and "keepall" option, see the man page
for it.

> with Pine if I can get Pine up and running.  I should mention that I
> downloaded the binary file so that I have none of the profile files
> created yet.

Pine is not DFSG-free, but there is a source package in "experimental" I
belive, you could try that for better debian integration.

--
Rafael Kitover
rkitover@io.com