Re: upgrade to slink

Hi, Brian!

APT is quite useful for package installation.  I would recommend to install it
by hand.  Get apt, libc6, libstdc++2.9 from slink for example.  Install them
with "dpkg -i" (first libc6, after that libstdc++ after that apt).  Now you
have apt.  Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to select slink. Choose APT in dselect.
You are all set for massive upgrade.  Good luck.

lines in /etc/apt/sources.list you may want to include

deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

Sasha.