mount -r -t iso9660...->fs not supp by kernal

I recompiled my kernal to support two chips. When I went through
the make config i did not see any thing that looked like it might belong
to the iso9660 file system. I need this fs to mount my cdrom.
I looked in /proc/filesystem and sure enough iso9660 was not there. Also
looked at the modules file and found cdrom.

given: the bios and the kernal see the cdrom and identifi it
correctly.before I compiled I made a single change to the kernal, which
was to uncoment the line SMP=1. I read(past tense) from the cdrom using
	mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /cdrom
						just fine before the compile

hypothosis 1)I need to say yes to one of these in make config..and make
zImage

_SYSU_FS
_UFS_FS
_XIA_FS
_NLS
_NFS_FS
_NCP_FS
_SMB_FS
_HPFS_FS

I may have missed one but I know I did not see anything close to iso9660

2)this has somthing to do with modules
I need to know how to load the correct module..point me to some docs or a
book or give me the ans if you have time.

while I was in make config and again in make zImage i selected these
options pertaining to modules though I only think these are related to
modules because thay say "module" in there disc some where ...there are
probably more vars for modules, let me know if this is T.

CONFIG_EXP   NO
CONFIG_MODULES   YES
CONFIG_MODVERSION   NO

PS should i CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION y/n
PENTIUM 200 no mmx two chips on the board
GA586

if you could give me a doc that talks about these options in more detail