Communicator installation again

OK, I think I came fairly close this time:)  I copied the file to /tmp
ran dselect (the netscape set up program)  here is where it ended:

Setting up netscape 4 (4.0-12)
-Found ' /tmp/communicator....tar.gz'...(valid)
-Extracting from /tmp/communicator....tar.gz

gzip:stdin:unexpected end of file
tar: unexpected EOF on archive file
tar: Child returned status 1
ERROR: cannot extract netscape archivee--No such file or directory
dpkg:error processing netscape4 (--configure):
         subprocess posted-installation script returned error exit
status 2
      netscape 4
dpkg--configure returned error exit status 1.

Press return to continue

What now?
Thanks,
Kent