Re: killing off the *)&@ NT bootloader

I use the NT bootloader to boot between NT/dos|95/linux, the
Linux+NT+Win95 or whatever it was called HOWTO in /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini was
very helpful, basically I have an entry for c:\bootsect.lnx in my
c:\boot.ini. And updated it with a new kernel or whatever. So basically
after a new kernel I do:

dd if=/dev/sda5 of=/win95/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

where /dev/sda5 is my linux partition and /win95 is my win95 (primary dos
or whatever the hell) partition.

Also, the howto says you have to copy the bootsect file to a floppy and
reboot or whatever, but using something like the above this step is not
necessary.

--
Rafael Kitover
rkitover@io.com