Re: suspend mode

Joel N. Weber II wrote:
> The FSF has a Toshiba Satellite 310 CDT, and we need to be able to
> turn suspend mode on and off.  If you know of a program that can do
> this, please send mail to both myself and rms@gnu.org.

Well I can only give you a partial solution.

There's a program named "hotkey"
(http://www2.prestel.co.uk/hex/toshiba.html) that is GPL'd and will work
with the toshiba 310.

It doesn't actually turn resume mode on and off, instead, it catches the
fn-f5 key sequence that toggles resume mode (at least that's the key
sequence on my toshiba 445cdx), and looks at the appropriate place in memory
to tell if resume mode is on or off, and pops up a window with that
information.

However, it has a file (hotkey.tech) that describes all about where the
toshiba's store this in memory. Unfortunatly, according to that file,
changing the info in memory doesn't actually change the laptop's settings
until you reboot.

I think you should get in touch with the author, <jab@hex.prestel.co.uk> --
I think he's working on a more ambitious toshiba control center for linux,
as yet unreleased, and he may have figured out how to actually change the
settings since when hotkey was written.

--
see shy jo