limit of mutt

hello debians!

i ran into trouble with mutt - where is the maillimit?

my situation:

i rewrote my procmailrc, then i refilter my collected mail (mostly from
debian ;-) with it -- that works great

but than, i´ve wanted to view into my debian-devel-mbox
mutt ran and ran -showing "sorting mail" (the swap-space decreased so i´ve
added a swapfile) - after waiting about three hours i killed mutt (the
processor ran idle)

then i´ve tried it with another comp over nfs -- this time it worked without
prob´s

the mbox was about 90megs big

the first comp. had 16mb ram, 32mb swap and 80 mb swapfile

the second (nfs), had 64mb ram 64mb swap - no swapfile

i know the first is underpowert, but the time in this case doesn´t matter
(i´ve wanted to split the mbox) and i´m confident that such will work ;-)

in meantime i´ve done all work with the second-option

here´s my question:

had this been a problem of mutt or only of resources??

hope, i´m not too pushing, it´ just for info

pleas excuse my bad english

until next mail ;)

Peter
--
      :       student of technical computer science        :