Install Debian 2 on My ThinkPad

To anyone who can help me,
I am new to Linux and Debian, now I try to install Debian linux on my IBM
ThinkPad 560E, and config is : Pentium MMX 233, 40M memory, Floppy Driver,
and IBM Token Ring Auto 16/4 PCMCIA Net Card.(Windows 95 already installed)
I installed Debian from My Harddisk, and there are four partition in my HD,
for : Windows95, Boot manager, Linux, Linux Swap. During the installation ,
I did not find any error message or recommondation, it seemed that the
system was installing smoothly. But when I reboot the ThinkPad, and select
to boot from Linux, there is message on the screen" LILO " and " Loading
Linux...", then the computer reboot itself.
I tried three times to install it, no error message . So I am very confuse
what happend, if you have such experience or know the reason, I appreciate
for your kindly help in advanced.

Thx and hv a nice day.

Y.P.