Re: \dev\psaux: operation not permitted and keyboard layout changing

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Martin Waller wrote:

> 1. The p60 has a ps2 mouse (at least, that's the connector type), but
> gpm won't coinfigure it (it just gets stuck at trying ttyS0-ttyS3 at
> various baud rates for ever), and when i try to force it to use
> \dev\psaux i get an 'operation not permitted' error (\dev\psaux exists -
> crw------ or something similar).  Same problems under X to - the server
> crashes with the 'operation not permitted error'.

 I already had such error on a friend's computer! You probably need to
recompile your kernel(I did it on 2.0.36):

  Characters devices
     [*] Mouse support (not serial mice)
       <*> Microsoft busmouse support (if it's the case)
       <*> PS/2 mouse (aka "auxiliary device") support

 It should already works!

> 2. I was using a spanish layout keyboard (don't ask - the secondary
> system was a mish-mash of scrounged bit's and pieces), but now I have a
> UK layout one (with a ps2 style connector...), and I don't where to
> change the default keyboard setting.  Under X i do, but the base system.
> Any one able to help me?

 If you have your spanish map file you probably need to copy it into:

 /etc/kbd/

 you could copy it to default.map.gz or edit /etc/init.d/keymaps.sh and
change code to accept your spanish file map.

 Hope that help.

 Best regards,
  Nuno Carvalho

จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ