HP 890

Hello!
	I've switch distributions from Red Hat to Debian 2.0 (Hamm), and
was wondering if anyone out there could give me a hand with my DeskJet
890C.  With RedHat I needed to get the latest Ghostscript (5.10, at the
time), and the use Red Hats printer tool to link the printcap file with
the Deskjet 800 series driver that is part of Ghostscript 5.10.

	The most recent Deskjet driver that is part of Hamm is dj500,
which when configured with magicfilterconfig doesn't give me the option to
control the ink density (draft, normal, best), and it doesn't spit the
page out at the end of the job.  I also suspect that the quality isn't as
good as it was using the newer filter.

	I see that a new Ghostscript (5.5) is in the unstable branch of
the Debian ftp site, but the last time I tried to install a single package
(updating window maker to 0.20.3) it started downloading every new package
in there.  Is anyone else out there using a HP 890 C, and could they give
me a little guidance on getting the Ghostscript package I need, and how to
connect this with magicfilter?

	Thanks much!

CSS

------------------------------------
 Christopher S. Swingley
 Department of Biology and Wildlife
 213 Irving, x6677
 University of Alaska Fairbanks
 ftcss@aurora.alaska.edu
 mercury.bio.uaf.edu/~cswingle.grad
He didn't run for reelection.  "Politics brings you into contact with all
the people you'd give anything to avoid," he said. "I'm staying home."
		-- Garrison Keillor, "Lake Wobegone Days"