Re: hard drive error message

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, iodine wrote:

> Just from memory.. next time you reboot that pc.. goto your bios setup.. and
> make sure that you have IDE POWER DOWN turned off.. as if you have it on and
> APM stuff not in your kernel, this will cause such problems I believe...
>
> Personally I not played around with the new APM support in newer kernels..
> so I just turn off the IDE or HDD power down to off and leave APM alone..
>
> Give it a go and let me know..
I tried it but that did not change the error messages. Thanks for the
suggestion.
Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469