Re: Why?!

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Ed Cogburn wrote:

> > to Office97. (ka-ching, ka-ching)" Then comes the service packs for
> > Office97. Uh oh, file incompatibility. "Okay, everyone, upgrade to Service
> > Pac... what? Microsoft has recalled the Service Pack? Oh, they've released
> > a fixed Service Pack, but they've called it by the same name?! Oh, well,
> > at least we know we're getting out money's worth."
> >
> >[snip]
>

> 	Good Lord, Kent, this sounds *painfull*.  I feel for ya, I really do.

Reminds me of that Sun Microsystems TV commercial where the guys are
robbing the bank to pay for their bunsiness' Microsoft upgrades.  Their
parting comment as they left the bank was "See you again in six months".

I really do not see why anyone needs Microsoft anymore now that you can
get an Ultra-5 with Solaris-7 for $2500. Might as well move up to the big
leagues at that price.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!