Re: WP 8 problem

At 22:53 18.12.98 +0000, Charles wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Dave Swegen wrote:
>> all the extra bells and whistles go download bloaty-hog staroffice. I
find it
>> rather amazing that people complain about something they paid nothing for.
>
>Paid nothing for?! We have per minute phone bills here - downloading
>something that big which turns out not to be "fully functional" at all is
>in fact a waste of money. Downloading large files over a pretty slow
>connection with per minute phone bills is not my idea of fun - at least I
>get some compensation if the program is worth it...
>It's not so much the fact that I don't like WP - in fact I think it is a
>good quality product - it's that it wasn't obvious that it would not be
>fully functional and I decided to spend my time online downloading it as I
>believed I'd be getting a good, truly fully functional package (which,
>incidentally, I do get from StarOffice).
>
>--
>Charles

Charles,
indeed I think all this satisfactory reports about WP8 and the fact that
one should not have complains about limitations of "free" a software
are an example of the "poor's man happiness".

The points are:
- the cost it takes to dowload 23 MBytes of software, i.e. the phone bill.
- the fact that corel never pointed out any limitation.
- the fact that at no cost there are a lot of products much better than the
  "free" version of WP8.

Hence congratulations to all the guys happy with such a bunch of useless
code.

ric
Riccardo Tommasini

University of Berne - Institute of Applied Physics - Laser Dept.

Sidlerstrasse 5  -  CH-3012 Bern

FAX: +41 31 6313765
tommasini@iap.unibe.ch 	     http://www.cx.unibe.ch/iap/