Re: email

k e c h i e dixit:

> On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, KTB wrote:
>
> > not exist."  I also can't figure out how to bring up "Mailx."  Under
> > dselect it says it is installed but when I type in mailx nothing
> > happens.  I looked at the info page and couldn't see anything about how
>
> mailx is a set of BSD mail programs (mail,mailx,Mail) so typing mailx
> doesn't do any good.  Try installing elm-me+ or pine (needs some basic
> development files) instead for interactive mail.

I've never used pine, though I've used elm-me+ which is "almost" great...
almost since mutt is greater than elm.  Give mutt a try!  it's just great.

> > to get the program up.  I have the latest Debian what is the easiest
> > way  or programs to use, in order to use email?  I also can't figure out
> > how to find clear documentation on my system.  I went trough steps
> > outlined in a book I have, using "ghostscript" and "zcat", using either
> > one I get "Command doesn't exist."  I put in "cd HOWTO" and then "ls" I
> > can see a "mail-HOWTO.gz" but can't figure out how to read it.  Could
>
> zless | zcat will display the file correctly

zless mail-HOWTO.gz will do it.  You should also configure ppp (run
pppconfig), fetchmail and smail (or smail).

Also, the DNS go in the /etc/resolv.conf file, like this:

search servicom.es
nameserver 194.106.2.132
nameserver 194.106.0.135

--