Re: Beginning C

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Chris Frost wrote:

> I'd like to start learning C (I know a bit of latex and enough
> basic/newtonscript to do simple math stuff, but that's about it) and was
> wondering what a good book would be to serve as in intro to programming c
> on linux (and as an intro to programming in general).
>
> Chris
> <- Visit Me At <http://www.frostnet.advicom.net/chris/> ->

The C Programming Language by Kernighan and Ritchie. It is a thin book.
Start at the beginning and go page by page through it. You will have a
basic understanding of just about the entire language when you finish.

Kernighan, Brian & Ritchie, Dennis M. The C Programming Language.
     2nd ed.  1988. $40.00. (ISBN 0-13-110370-9); Paper. $28.00.
     Prentice Hall. (ISBN 0-13-110362-8).

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!