Re: Beginning C

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 11:17:44PM -0600, Chris Frost wrote:
Hi Chris,

> I'd like to start learning C (I know a bit of latex and enough
[..]
Just try:
  Kernighan/Ritchie  "The C Programming Language"

a little tip, if You never program before and You
not need to program especially in 'C' have also
a look to 'C++'.
I, personally, think, the programming 'feels'
more like natural thinking and the
Object-Oriented-Method is easier to understand.
But, fortuanelety C is "only" a subset of C++
if You can program it in C You also can program it in C++.
Bjarne Stroustrup "The C++ Programming Language"
Bruce Eckel "Thinking in C++" are a good choice,
Bruce Eckel also have written a more "beginning level"
book but I can't remember the name of it

C++Ya ;)
--
   Peter