From: Christopher S. Swingley [mailto:cswingle@nika.bio.uaf.edu]
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 1998 8:23 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: lp and Debian 2.0

I recently switched my P75 from RedHat 5.1 (the upgrade to 5.2 killed a
variety of things) to Official Debian 2.0 R1.  I have a HP Deskjet 890C
and a Parallel port zip drive plugged in series into the first parallel
port.  When I set it up originally, I made lp as a module, but when the
system boots up it says that there is no device.  I haven't gotten around
to upgrading things to print, but before I get everything the way I want
it, I want to make sure that making lp a module is a good idea.  Should I
start over?  Do I need to pass some sort of parameters to the module via
conf.modules?  I know it's at 0x378, and I suspect it's irq=7.  Thank you
very much!  You'll save me a lot of trouble later!

CSS

 Christopher S. Swingley
 Department of Biology and Wildlife
 213 Irving, x6677