Re: Cleaning my /usr/lost+found

Hamish Moffatt said
> On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 10:25:17AM -0500, stick@richnet.net wrote:
> > Hamish Moffatt said

> > > No way. File systems errors caused due to a crash or loss of
> > > system power cause things just like this too.
> > >
> > OK!  I like hearing this sort of talk.
> > However, the $64K question then becomes...
> > "How do I get rid of these files!?"
>
> That's a good question. I got some recently which could just be deleted,
> but I have a handful on another system which I don't think can be.
>
> I actually have one which seems to contain another copy of /lost+found!
> Weird.

Well it's just gone from a weird, bothersome pain to a real problem.
I was upgrading some packages when I got some familiar error messages about
some file operations - "operation not allowed" or whatever...

Anyway, upon closer inspection I know have this:
pr---w-rwt   1 12029    4626            0 Nov 11  1926 /usr/include/lct/unicode.h
sr----S--t   1 55203    15990    1947437670 Dec 17  1909 /usr/lib/picon/usenix/com/hp/hpda/aca

So someone ***PLEASE*** tell me how I can force these files to go away.
I can accept that the underlining physical disk may (or may not) have problems
but this certainly looks like a file-system issue.  Certainly there are ways
to tweak the file-system to make these entries go away!?  I'll use LDE if
someone can tell me how to *safely* delete these files...otherwise, I'm going
to have to shuffle things around and wipe-out the whole partition and start
over.

> Hamish
> --
Thanks for the info!  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's got
these files, though it's not all that reassuring to know that any of us
can have these types of files.

> Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       hamish@rising.com.au
>
> Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
> Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
> 31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
> Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
> Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/

Chuck

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	+1-419-529-3841