Re: Can it be that mail that is saved in my home dir is world readable ?

> shaul wrote:
>   >I am using exmh as my MUA.
>   >Can it be that my saved mail is world readable, or did I managed to change t
>       >he
>   >permissions without being aware of that ?
>   >Can an exmh user send me the correct permissions ?
>   >
>   >[14:20:13 shaul]$ ls -l ~shaul/Mail/hardware/1
>   >-rw-r--r--   1 shaul    shaul        3321 Dec  9 01:03
>   >/home/shaul/Mail/hardware/1
>
> I think mh uses your umask to determine permissions.
>
> However, you can block all access, regardless, by removing permissions
> from your top-level Mail directory:
>
> $ ls -ld Mail
> drwx------  40 olly     olly         2048 Dec 18 07:08 Mail
>
> The permissions below this can be as free as you like; no-one except
> myself can descend the tree to access the files.

[09:32:35 shaul]$ ls -ld Mail
drwx--x--x  13 shaul    mail         1024 Dec 18 09:36 Mail
[13:51:40 shaul]$

If I'll change the permissions, will it not be a source of problems ?
Can someone else that use exmh send me the permissions of his Mail directory ?
Should I file a bug against exmh because of those permissions ?