Re: Running seperate eth0 & ppp0 networks

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 03:29:49PM +0000, Ian Stuart wrote:
> >
> > what I wish to do is set up my PPP connection so that (when it is up) all
> > requests for the ISPs network is routed via ppp0, whilst all other traffic
> > is routed via eth0
> >

> Try something like:
>
>   route add -net 130.2.0.0 dev ppp0
>
> Your default route should stay on your ethernet. I think there are ip.up
> and ip.down scripts that are executed automatically by ppp. Add the
> above line to ip.up and a similar line with delete instead of add to
> ip.down.
Yup, it works fine for me (though Xemacs barfed this morning.. :(

     ----** Ian Stuart

Land Rover : A British car that was meant to survive the charge of an
  adult bull rhino and be field-stripped in the jungle with a Leatherman
  and a lump-hammer

               WWW: http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~kiz/