Re: Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux ishere! (fwd)

Date:
        Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:09:36 -0600
  From:
        "Richard E. Hawkins Esq."

> Only problem now is that both the sites are full, 1000 user on
> Download.com and 3600 on ftp.cdrom.  You may want to wait a few
> hours (weeks) until the rush quitens down...

> If anyone manages to get it I would be interested (along with a
> number of other debian users) as to how good it is.

I've got it, but I haven't figured out quite how to install it.
un-tgz'ing produces a handful of directories, a Readme, and a Runme.

The Readme says to untar and ungzip everything, then run the Runme

The runme asks if you've untarred things, and decides there's nothign
new to do if you say yes.  If you say no, it untars, but still doesn't
do anything.  The executables end up in ./linux/bin

I assume there's some option i'm missing to figure out to tell it to
use /usr/local or some such, but it beats me as to where . . .

Ok I'm trying it now.  Answering YES to the question.

I get EXTRACTING FILES .....

Now I have a screen with instructions, Have to answer OK to that
license agreement again.

Now am being asked which directory to put everything.  I will choose
/usr/local/bin/wp (hope it creates it)

Now being asked for FULL/MEDIUM/OR MIN installation
(61-70mb, 44-50, or 36-40)  What the hell lets go for the max!

Some other questions, asking for printer drivers

Ok now installing.  Well looks like it works

I downloaded the one big hugh file, not the 7 little ones.  Hope that
helps....