Re: Still problems with my Xemacs compile

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 08:28:07PM +0100, Daniel Elenius wrote:
> In file included from nas.c:65:
> config.h:37: warning: `alloca' redefined
> /usr/include/alloca.h:39: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> nas.c:68: audio/audiolib.h: No such file or directory
> nas.c:69: audio/soundlib.h: No such file or directory
> nas.c:70: audio/snd.h: No such file or directory
> nas.c:71: audio/fileutil.h: No such file or directory
> nas.c:112: audio/Xtutil.h: No such file or directory

It looks as though you don't have audio header files on your system,
or the XEmacs source is looking in the wrong place for said audio
header files.  From your prompt, do the following command:
       find / -name "soundlib.h" -print
If find shows you that you do in fact have "soundlib.h" on your
system, you'll have to modify the makefile to look in the appropriate
location (for these files).  If find returns nothing, i.e. you don't
have the audio headers on your system.  In that case, you can compile
XEmacs to _not_ use any type of sound (what sound does XEmacs make,
anyway?).  I think I compiled mine without sound.  (Check "./configure
--help" for sound compiling options.)

> Oh, and you mentioned compiling with egcc and -O3. Is the easiest way
> of doing that to set the env. variables CC to 'egcc' and CFLAGS to
> '-O3'?

That is one way do do it, and should work just fine.  I think you can
also specify which compiler and what compiler options to use in your
"./configure" call.  I don't remember how I did this, actually; I just
remember my call to the configure script had a million parameters.

Good luck!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,