Re: Netscape Communicator 4.x undocumented feature?

> This is not a netscape special - it applies to anything.  A
> ppp problem *is* just a delay.  Programs can decide to time out
> or keep waiting, but there is no way they can know wheter it
> is a slow server or a temporary hung-up phone line.
> This is how networking in unix work - and it's nice. :-)

Except it doesn't work if you have dynamically allocated IP addresses.
Because if the ppp link goes down, and you bring it up again, but this
time you are allocated a different IP number, the program will not
resume.  At least, this has been my experience.

Cheers,

Mark.