Netscape graphics problem (scrolling down causes lines in the graphics)

Hi,
I am using NS 3.04, and whenever I scroll down a page, I get lots of lines
coming across the screen (graphics AND text).
This also happens when I scroll to the right.
Now curiously, when I scroll back up the page, then lines go away.
Does anybody have any idea what I can do about this?
I shall upgrade to 4.5 in the future, so don't tell me to upgrade :-).
thanks for any help,
frankie
 --
a.k.a. Skunk Pussy