Re: Problems with ppp server

On 16 Dec, Joe Emenaker wrote:

> My only suggestion would be to try it without the asyncmap option (which
> should cause ppp to use the desperate asyncmap of 0xffffffff... which you
> could also try explicitly). If that works, start trying turning off a bunch
> of the bits in the asyncmap to see of the problem returns. Eventually, you
> may boil it down to the one or two characters than need to be escaped.
>
> - Joe

Thank You. That was the trick. Commenting out the asyncmap 0 option
worked. I should have realized something was amiss earlier. I am using
a digital TAU modem on the server side. It must need some characters to
be escaped. I will now try determining which.

Gopal.

Gopal Narayanan                          Ph #: (413) 545 0925
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory Fax#: (413) 545 4223
University of Massachusetts              e-mail: gopal@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu
Amherst MA 01003