Netscape Communicator 4.x undocumented feature?

I've noticed something interesting in COmmunicator 4.x for Linux:
Whenever I do download in Netscape, and my ppp link dies in the middle of
it, the download does not break. It just sits there, stalled. Resuming
connection to my ISP resumes the download. No need for any special tools
to put files together from pieces, nothing.
Doesnt happen in Windows, though.  Undocumented feature? Just programmer
being nice to us, Linux folks? Boneheaded mistake?

Andrew
Never include a comment that will help | Andrew Ivanov
someone else understand your code.     | c680789@showme.missouri.edu
If they understand it, they don't      | ICQ: 12402354
need you.                              |