Re: Violence: Lethal StarOffice, terminal Apache, broken partitions...

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:57:26 -0600, Alexander Kushnirenko wrote:

>I had a whole spectra of freezes, crashes, etc.  I thought that's because of
>Cyrix processor.  Took me a while to realize that I had a bad memory chip.
>Try memtest86.

I was about to suggest the same -- what Peter described sounds VERY much like
hardware problems, most likely (as you already mentioned) bad memory.

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100/102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax) * rabe@rwth-aachen.de  * PGP ok!