Re: Why is XEmacs better than Emacs?

Hi,

You may want to check:
http://www.xemacs.org/faq/xemacs-faq.html

Sasha.

It looks nicer.
The XEmacs maintainers are generally more receptive to suggestions than the
GNU Emacs maintainers.
Many more bundled packages than GNU Emacs
Binaries are available for many common operating systems.
Face support on TTY's.
A built-in toolbar.
Better Motif compliance.
Some internationalization support (including full MULE support, if compiled
with it.)
Variable-width fonts.
Variable-height lines.
Marginal annotations.
ToolTalk support.
XEmacs can be used as an Xt widget, and can be embedded within another
application.
Horizontal and vertical scrollbars (using real toolkit scrollbars).
Better APIs (and performance) for attaching fonts, colors, and other
properties to text.
The ability to embed arbitrary graphics in a buffer.
Completely compatible (at the C level) with the Xt-based toolkits.
First production Web Browser supporting Style Sheets.