Re: Installing Debian???

Hey,

When your installation starts up (before it asks you if you want to use
color or not), check for a line that says: "hdc (or hdd, it matters what
slot the wire from your CD-ROM to your I/O board) Mitsumi ATAPI
detected" or something like that. If you see a line like that, you don't
need any drivers. The kernel can work with the CD-ROM on its own.

HTH!

Jeff

>Date:	Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:22:05 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Sunil N. Goda" <sngoda@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
>To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>Subject: Installing Debian???
>
>  I  am very, very new to linux and attempting to install Debian on my
PC.