RE: suEXEC and "~user/cgi-bin"

> Hello All,
> 	I just can't figure out how to get cgi's to work in the home
> directories.  The log shows suEXEC is running and cgis work from
> /var/www/cgi-bin.  In the home directory I have /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin.
> I'm using apache for the server.  I've looked through the manuals and tried
> the list archives to no avail.

There are a number of things to check when using suexec:

1.  Make sure the cgi-bin directory is mode 755 (or less), and is owned by the
user in question.
2.  Same thing for the binary.
3.  Make sure the user falls in between the minimum and maximum user id's for
suexec.

In my experience, #1 is the most common problem.

-Jon Burchmore