Re: Debian too difficult, Red Hat?

KTB dixit:

> Hi, thanks to all the people who have offered advice with configuring
> X-windows.  I have not been successful and am brain dead at this point.

Most (All?) of us have gone through that feeling at some point... and still
keep going ever now and then.

> I also tried hooking up to the internet with the same result.  I chose
> the debian release because I wanted to learn more about computers

then stay tuned... and don't spare your time in asking around.

> have only used a pc off and on for the past year) and I like the
> philosophy behind Debian.  I am wondering if Debian is just too
> difficult for me at this point.  I am wondering if maybe I should try
> Red Hat, I have heard it is easier to install, and then come back to
> Debian.  Does this sound like a logical progression to anyone?  I don't
> have experience with either one so I just don't know the best course to
> take.

Give it a try, send in your questions (try to be most specific when you do:
eg. send logs with error messages,...), the worst that may happen to you is
people telling you to read such or such document, and that will happen just
the same in any RH list... so, in practice, same degree of difficulty, more
learning with Debian.

--
Un saludo,

Horacio