Re: Monitor Troubles.

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Anders wrote:

> 	I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this (probably
> not) but I am having a problem getting my monitor (A Sony Multiscan
> 200sf) to display in 1152 x 864 mode correctly...it is always too small
> to fit the screen and I cannot make it big enough in the horizontal axis
[...]

 Try running bringing up X and running xvidtune. It lets you tweak
parameters on the fly. Once you get it tuned to the monitor, write down
the numbers and update the modeline in your XF86Config.

 For more information, try the XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248)377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

  Modern inductive method: 1) Devise hypothesis. 2) Apply for grant.
 3) Perform experiments. 4) Revise data to fit hypothesis. 5) Publish.