Re: Presort my email messages when exmh is the MUA.

>>>shaul wrote:
 > I am using exmh to handle my email (MUA ?). The MTA is smail (is it also the

 > MDA ? What are the differences between MDA and MTA ?).
 > I want to presort my email messages.
 > Can you recommend a way to do it (procmail ? exmh capabilities for this
task,
 > if it got any ? other ?).

I use, Exmh, sendmail, and procmail and I think that is a great combination,
someday (soon?) I will probably change sendmail to Postfix. But for now I have
been using sendmail, I have also a short while used smail, but it's hard to
configure the way I like it to work. I have read everything some ware in the
exmh or the nmh documentation.

My entries in the procmailrs files is something like this:

:0 w: debian/announce/$LOCKEXT
* ^TO_.*debian-announce@lists.debian.org
| /usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +debian/announce -create

:0 w: inbox/$LOCKEXT
| /usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +inbox -create

Anv most important I have in the beginning of my procmailrc file:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail/
LOGFILE=$HOME/Mail/procmail-log
LOCKEXT=.lock

# This is to make sure I only get mail one.
:0 Wh : msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache

# And rewrite to fit in mh folders.
:0 Whf