Re: ssh with password

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 12:59:48PM +0100, Torsten Hilbrich wrote:

> > eval `ssh-agent`
> > ssh-add             # this will open a window to ask you for your passphrase
> > /usr/bin/wmaker     # for example
> > eval `ssh-agent -k` # kill the ssh-agent

> Thanks for making this clear, I will give it a try.

I tried it myself and I found another, even better, way to do it - just do the
following:

ssh-agent /usr/bin/wmaker

This will kill the agent automatically. The only problem is: You have to call
ssh-add manually, but I consider this a feature as you do not need to always
enter your passphrase.

cu
    Torsten