How download linux install kernal?

I am having difficulty downloading the Debian linux install kernal.

I am using Netscape 4.5 under Windows98.  I have been able to
successfully download the other installaion files: root.bin,
base2_0.tgz, drv1440.bin, resc1440.bin, and loadlin.exe.

Yet, when I have Netscape download from

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/linux

I get a file that to my Windows98 OS, looks like a Netscape file.
(When I click on it, it starts up a Netscape window.)

Is there a special incantation for downloading this binary file?

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Blair