Re: Presort my email messages when exmh is the MUA.

> I want to presort my email messages.
> Can you recommend a way to do it (procmail ? exmh capabilities for this task,
> if it got any ? other ?). Is the proposed way a popular one ? Is there a
> HOWTO, or similar staff, that explain how to do it ?

Choose the Preferences/Incorporate Mail menu option and then change
to "presort" and SAVE.

Then create a .maildelivery file in your home directory to tell it
how to sort.  The program that actually does this is slocal, so do
a "man slocal" to find out more.  Make sure you do a chmod of the
.maildelivery file so that only you can access it, otherwise it won't
work.  Ie, do

	chmod go-rw .maildelivery

The "man slocal" will tell you the format for the .maildelivery file,
but here's a sample:

#
# .maildelivery file for nmh's slocal
#
# Blank lines and lines beginning with a '#'
# are ignored.
#
# FIELD   PATTERN   ACTION  RESULT  STRING
#

>From            "John Brown"                 + ? academia/adelaide
>From            "Sue Blue"                   + ? admin/cssip
>From            Linux-Announce               + ? comp/linux/announce
X-mailing-list  debian-announce              + ? comp/linux/deb-announce
Cc              debian-user                  + ? comp/linux/deb-user
>From            "debian-user"                + ? comp/linux/deb-user
To              "debian-user"                + ? comp/linux/deb-user
X-mailing-list  debian-user                  + ? comp/linux/deb-user
Cc              exmh-users                   + ? comp/linux/exmh-users
>From            exmh-users                   + ? comp/linux/exmh-users
To              exmh-users                   + ? comp/linux/exmh-users
>From            "Bill Gates"                 + ? personal/friends
Subject         Cron                         + ? sysadm
default         -                            + ? inbox