Re: resolve.conf specification

>BTW, not only it would have to be able to choose the right resolv.conf file,
>but also the right pap-secrets file, I believe... or I think there's a way
>of writing different userIDs and passwords in pap-secrets... ?

You must have missed the earlier part of the thread.  Supposedly,
pppconfig
will deal with it all, except for the /etc/resolv.conf; ie, the
nameservers
to use.

Easiest thing to do about it is to use your own DNS, on your own machine.

You could run a caching only nameserver which would work for any and all
ISP's you might ever use.  OR, as is done with NetBSD, use your
/etc/options
file to call a script that copies/renames or links the proper resolv.conf
for each one.

I choose to use my own DNS, in caching only mode, but thats mostly because
my ISP sucks, and either their nameserver or mailserver is down every
other day.

paul