Re: ftp (client?) problem

How are you connecting?  Not all hardware implements
Stac compression the same. For example, various Zyxel
and Netgear ISDN routers would cause problems such as
yours when making a PPP connection to an Ascend Max,
unless compression was disabled.
   Try diabling compression in your PPP settings and
see if that helps.
   Also, there's a chance that some router in the middle
has disabled MTU discovery and fragment reassembly
causing large packets to get dropped.

Frank