Mutt and automatic archiving

Hi all -

	I've finally got my system back up. Now, I'm trying to put into
place a more sophisticated mail subsystem. The one thing I want to do is to
move all old messages in ~/mail/<mailbox> to an equivalent place in
~/mail/arch/<mailbox>, in the maildir format. However, mutt continually
complains about such an arrangement; I suspect it doesn't know how to create
the mailboxes itself.

Anyway, for anyone who has done this before, here is the applicable config
info:

set folder="~/mail/"

[snip unimportant stuff]

set delete=yes
set move=yes
set mbox=+read
# this will probably never get used, I have multiple mbox-hooks defined
# later
set postponed=+postponed
set record=+sent

set mbox_type="Maildir"
mailboxes ! +personal +berlin-devel +debian-devel +debian-private \
	+debian-mentors +debian-policy +ggi-develop +debian-devel-changes \
	+debian-changes +debian-user

lists berlin-devel debian-devel debian-devel-changes debian-policy \
	debian-mentors debian-private debian-user debian-canges ggi-develop

mbox-hook berlin-design +arch/berlin-design
mbox-hook debian-devel +arch/debian-devel
mbox-hook debian-private +arch/debian-private
mbox-hook debian-mentors +arch/debian-mentors
mbox-hook debian-policy +arch/debian-policy
mbox-hook ggi-develop +arch/ggi-develop
mbox-hook debian-user +arch/debian-user

alias debian-user "Debian User" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
alias berlin-design "Berlin Development" <berlin-design@lists.debian.org>
alias debian-devel "Debian Development" <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>
alias debian-private "Debian Private" <debian-private@lists.debian.org>
alias debian-mentors "Debian Mentors" <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
alias debian-policy "Debian Policy" <debian-policy@lists.debian.org>
alias ggi-develop "GGI Development" <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>

does this look right? It doesn't seem to work.....

thanks in advance!

-Aaron