??? a couple more CD-player questions ???

I have a soundblaster awe64 (PnP) w/ a PnP BIOS...

I finally got access to the cd player (by adding myself to the audio
and disk groups - thanks!)... I also installed the awe-drv package...
then I ran gomconfig, where I was told by the computer that there is
no mixer support for the device...

under x, I can call up the cd player and play it (I can hear it using
headphones connected to the front of the computer), but nothing comes
out over the speakers - is this because of the mixer thing? Gomconfig
said that default was to mute all channels, but if there is no mixer,
then that shouldn't matter, right? Why would an awe64 have no mixer
support? Do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance!

Rich