Set-up My Apple Laser Writer on Debian Linux

Howdy Folks,

Over the past month, I have been slowly installing Debian Linux on my
486 100MHz machine.  I am using the floppy disk method, as I don't have
a modem or CD-ROM.  I download to the hard disk on a friend's machine,
copy to a floppy, and install using dselect. Most of it has worked fine
after I tinker a bit and finally read the instructions.

I'm  trying to setup my Apple Laser Writer printer on my system, but
have been unsuccessful in getting it to work.  Using the command ls /etc
/dev/lp, I'm able to get a light on the printer to blink on and off, but
no print follows.  I suspect that I need a driver for the printer, but
there isn't a  'printcap'  text file where I would expect to find the
driver.  Also, the  'locate' command doesn't find any of the following '
lpr, lpq, lpc, lprm'.  Also, the ' /dev/MAKEDEV'  utility doesn't seem
to configure anything.  What's happening, any ideas!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Miller
e-mail: rshayes@jps.net