Re: Canon BJC 4100 printer without color :(

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Peter Bartosch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> }->         Hi Debian users,
> }->         I have a problem.
> }->         I installed lpr and magicfilter from hamm and can't print in
> }-> colors with
> }-> my printer: Canon BJC-4100. I tried the bjc-600 filter.
> }->         Is there anyone with this printer?
> }->         Have a nice day,                                Paulo Henrique
>
> i´ve got the same problem with my bjc-620, and posted some time ago, but no
> response from the list
>
> btw: i know that my printer has used colors when i´ve printed from wintendo
> to my linux server with raw-data
>
> please send a mail, if you solve the problem, i´ll do so, too!

I used the bjc600 driver a few years ago and had fair color results
(everything was a bit dark)  on a mpc-2500, which is equivalent to a
bjc4100 plux fax.  I was using gs-aladdin rather than gs, if that makes
any difference (it usually has more advanced stuff in it).

I remember hearing that Red Hat had a version of gs which wouldn't print
color with the bjc600 driver and that turned out to be an error made when
the packager compiled it.  Possibly the same thing happened here.  I
understand that configuring the compilation is somewhat tricky.

Bob

----