Re: Stupid Telnet question.

tko@westgac3.dragon.com said
> stick@richnet.net writes:
> > I don't think this is it.
> > I've tried telnetting to other ports on this server from the workstation
> > in question.  Ports w/ a listener connect, ports w/o a listener say
> > Connection refused.  Telnet's port says no route to host.
>
> Has a default route been setup?

Yup.  PPP has defaultroute as an option and the routing table show s the
route to be there when the connection is up and not when the connection is
down.

Also.  The workstation in wquestion can ping/rsh/traceroute the server
and other systems can telnet into the server.  It's just this one work-
station that I'm having problems w/ telnet.

I know it's got to be a filter blocking the tcp port but I haven't
been able to find it...have been whacking packages off the server trying
to find the culprit, no luck.

> -= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
> Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK
> @_@tko@westgac3.dragon.com Remove @_@ for correct Email address

Chuck

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	+1-419-529-3841