Re: SANE install catch-22

On Mon, Jan 01, 1996 at 20:12:48 +0000, Ted Llewellyn wrote:
> Well, this is very pretty.    I'm running Debian 2.0 with the default
> SANE--the doc says v0.71 but I think it's v0.74.  I was going to upgrade
> to version 1.0.  To do that, I have to install the new libc6, and to do
> that I have to upgrade libstdc++2.8, and apparently to do THAT, dpkg has
> to unconfigure itself.

The last part is probably a result of how the dselect access method you use
is implemented. There is nothing in libstdc++2.8 that requires dpkg to
unconfigure itself.

> Since I'm running dselect, how is this supposed to work?

I suspect this will work if you use "apt" as dselect's access method. In any
case, you should be able to work things out in dselect after you've upgraded
libstdc++2.8 through dpkg.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.