X11 hangs

Hi!

I've been trying to install X11 almost a whole day and it won't work. I
have a STB PCI card with the chip Promotion 6422 and Horizon 64V BIOS.
I've tried both the STB Horizon Video (type349) and Allience Promotion
6422 (type54). Sometimes I get it to work for a few seconds before it
hangs, especially in low resolutions. It usually hangs right away with the
grey pattern.. sometimes the screen is wrapped and only displayd in the
left half. I've tried using both xf86confing and XF86Setup, the later
always displays a weird resolution in which it is impossible to read text
in after doing the setup of card, monitor etc. My monitor is a Hansol
17PX. The mouse is a 3button Logitech (I use the Logitech Mouseman,
type6 in xf86config).

I've had the video card work in another computer before and nt works on
this computer too. I'm going to get a ps/2 mouse as soon as I get the
contact for the motherboard, maybe this will help? I used a ps/2 in the
other computer where it did work..

Thanks for any help!!

//ben
--