Re: --MARK--

Patrik Magnusson wrote:

> > Gregory T. Norris wrote:
> > >
> > > It's generated by syslogd, and is intended to show that logging is still
> > > active.  You can use the "-m" option to change it's frequency.
> >
> > But in my /etc/init.d/syslogd file i can't find the option -m !!
>
> Exactly; twenty minutes is the default interval - in case you do
> not specify something else, which is what -m is for.
>
> > And why is my maschine every 20 minutes so slow ????
>
> How slow? And for how long? Maybe you have some other program

Very slow. A new xterm window need about 5 seconds to appear !

> that is being run automatically every twenty minutes. Look at
> your cron-files.

I've allready examined my cronfile, but did`t find anythink.
I don`t believe that it is a cronjob because it happens on a fresh
installed system.
I installed xload to monitor this think and every 20 minutes it looks
terible and
my harddisk starts to work.

????? Dan
Daniel Marquez-Klaka // miknet GmbH // Phone +49 69 920785 53