Re: What's the story on Xemacs+GPM?

Daniel Elenius <daniel@i203.ryd.student.liu.se> writes:

> I'm aware that Xemacs has problems with GPM (if you put Xemacs to
> sleep while GPM is running, things turn ugly).

Actually it is GPM (or better the libgpm library code) having problems
with glibc2. A patch is being worked on by the GPM maintainers.

> But is it possible to use GPM to paste text into Xemacs from a
> different VC? And the other way around? I certainly can't!

XEmacs understands GPM for real, i.e. it sees a real mouse click.
Therefore it needs to the selection handling itself
However I am not aware of any code in XEmacs that does that.

Jan